< >

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tan Mun Loong 1989 - 2006




Last Wednesday 22nd June i had to go to a Lymphoma Support group meeting happening at the Haemato Clinic. On the way there from Pekeliling road (yes by bus i went there)
towards HKL, bought breakfast six toses and six nasik lemaks and six what i dunno bulat2nyer malay kuihs wrapping in banana leaves. I was fasting so i didnt open the kuihs to see what are they made of. Walk myself up to ward 26. And gave all the breakfast to 6 beds of Haemato department. 2 beds were empty so the lebihan then only gave to doctor Diana (yearggh rockk doctor rock) and nurses (Kak Rubina lambat i wanted to meet u and ask u out to lunch at BB)

Then went back to see the patients. One is an abang i still couldnt get the name but he's been staying there for a month now already. Then there's an indian husband wife took the toses..and a kid and his father took a nasik lemak and a tose. But i gave specially both nasik lemak and tose to a special friend of mine. I get to know him last February, though only brief, our relationship was very meaningful in a special cancer-patients-only-can-understand- sort of way you know?) He was sleeping at that time. Then woke him up and we chatted for awhile mostly about our own development on treatment. Gave him that day's Utusan front page screaming headline was about UPM found cancer cure in tapioca's own-made poison. I told him my treatment got delayed, he told me he'll be out this Friday. Tan Mun Loong is the name. He's suffering from Acute lymphobastic lymphoma i think..not quite sure. But what matters is that he was there when i was sick and suffering from severe hallucination and mental slowness. He's there making sure i didnt inflict cuts pain damage whatsover on myself (of course i didnt.what i basically do was sit there and stare blankly at nobody/everybody and peed on the bed and eat/drink when given only) He was there always asking me how am i?how i feel etc.. concerned 24 hours despite his sickness. despite his weakness. despite his thinness. despite his paleness.despite his baldness. He was there guarding me there with all his might.

And today i received an sms delivering the grave news of Tan Mun Loongs started his journey to the other side today, leaving us as God loves him more. I can't help my self from shading tears while writing this post Tan. I have shaved my head today in your rememberance and shall mourn over your loss. May you rest in peace and may angels look after you as well as you did to me, you bertindik-black earings-hair-baru-nak-tumbuh-sudah-jadik-rockers-you. Al- Fatihah and a moment of silence to Tan Mun Long, a cancer sufferer, a fighter and an everlasting friend.(1989 - 24/6/2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home