< >

Friday, June 23, 2006

music appreciation *Song of the Day* - i'm still here by Vertical Horizon

Jehan Fauzee (MATA) asked me one day: What if one day..your ex came crying begging to come back. Promise to change etc. Would you accept her with open arms? (30 markah). Sometimes, I can't find words to express all the things i feel inside. But every just so often...the words of another who's had the first cut (which is the deepest) seem to work out fine. So this is my 30 marks answer to your cepumas Q the other day...

I found the pieces in my hand
They were always there
we were already heading towards break, ive asked u once a year ago, you didnt want to
It just took time for me to understand
that u were never meant fo me
You gave me words I just can't say
all those mencarut2 for 7 years
So if nothing else
I'll just hold on while you drift away
i held to the promises i made, and u?
Cause everything you wanted me to hide
you always do
Is everything that makes me feel alive
dear friends of mine, iha,eelar,eelar eelar (33 kali),moni, jaja, even juan (dammit juan control ur woman!), even teacher mala to be deleted?

Seeing the ashes in my heart
burnt has it since years earlier but silence befriending i have been
The smile the widest
hiding my sorrow from u just to make u happy
When I cry inside and my insides blow apart
for ages and ages but never did u understand
I tried to wear another face
as usual oh so usual
Just to make you put me in my place
but did u??
But everything you wanted from me
when have u been a giver?
Is everything that I could never be
didnt took me as me did you?

Maybe tonight,
It's gonna be alright
I will get better
i already am
Maybe today
It's gonna be okay
I will remember
everything that has been done


I held the pieces of my soul
broken unmended torchered and kept quiet
I was shattered and I wanted you to come and make me whole
once upon a time, a long long ago, when i used to know u
When I saw you yesterday
i wish i dont have to see u ever again
But you didn't notice
you only notice money, you plastic
And you just walked away
like u used to do
Cause everything you wanted me to hide
my love for debate, my family, friends, the true me, the kid inside of me
Is everything that makes me feel alive
you killed me from the inside

The cities grow
the rivers flow
Where you are, I'll never know
and i don't even care
But i'm still here
a man of my word
If you were right and I was wrong
like you said to everyone
Why are you the one's gone
ain't it funny?
And i'm still here
i talk the talk n walk the walk, whattabout u?
The lights go out, the bridges burn
u destroyed urself, never did i intervene
Once your gone, you can't return
the song sings for itself
But i'm still here
end life when i end loyalty. so loyal was i. remember the word 'was' please
Remember how you used to say I'd be the one to runaway
oh u always did say that remember? moni?jaja?..we always fight 'cause of this
But I'm still here
not waiting for u, ur not worth mentioning anymore. i wash my hands off of u.

(30 marks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home